With the days getting cooler and cooler, the only thing you want to do is stay inside and keep warm. Laying by the cozy fireplace. Sleeping under several furry blankets. Snacking on warm leftover pizza. It’s the life.
That is, until your best friends call and want to get together. Night out at the bar? Painting with a twist? Shopping day? They all sound like a good time, but you just don’t have the energy to leave the house onto the snow covered streets with the wind whipping in your face. Instead, you beg for a girls night staying in to watch girly movies and eat snacks together. For once, everyone is in agreement! Until THAT question comes up. What movie should we watch…? It’s so hard to rack your brain for a good movie that you haven’t seen a hundred times and something that everyone will actually enjoy watching. No one wants to offer suggestions and all you get is uncomfortable silence. The minutes tick by and each is secretly second guessing having a movie night.
NO MORE SILENCE. Here are my top 50 favorite girly movies that are perfect for any girls night. Next time, you and your girls are trying to decide on a movie to watch, read through this list and easily find something everyone is sure to love!
1. Clueless (1995)- Cher and Dionne are rich, popular, pretty, and fashionable best friends who decide to give the new girl in school a makeover.
2. The Devil Wears Prada (2006)- Andrea is a recent grad with a journalism degree who ends up at a fashion magazine and trying to make it into the writing industry under a very demanding boss, Miranda Presley.
3. Sex and the City (2008)- Carrie Bradshaw and her three best girlfriends take on love, sex, and New York City.
4. Confessions of a Shopaholic (2009)- Rebecca Bloomwood is a financial journalist in New York City and chronicles her shopping addiction and love interest.
5. Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961)- Arguably one of the most iconic fashion movies of all time. New York City socialite falls for a new man in her apartment building, but her past is not far behind her.
6. Legally Blonde (2001)- Elle Woods is popular, has the best style, and best boyfriend until she gets dumped. She follows him to law school in hope of winning him back.
Romance On Replay
7. The Notebook (2004)- Nicholas Sparks drama about a poor man who falls for a rich woman and they attempt to get past their social differences.
8. Grease (1978)- Good girl Sandy falls for bad boy Danny and have a romantic summer fling that ends when they part ways after the season, until they run into each other at the same high school in the fall.
9. Me Before you (2016)- Rich man who is used to having it all ends up paralyzed from a car accident and forms an unlikely friendship with a young woman who is his caregiver.
10. Love Actually (2003)- Follows the lives and love life of eight different couples in London during the holiday season.
11. Letters to Juliet (2010)- American woman visits Verona, the home of the Romeo and Juliet story. She answers an old love letter to Juliet seeking advice and encouraged the author to search for her long lost love.
12. P.S. I love you (2007)- A newly widowed young woman finds a list of things that her husband left for her to create her new life without him.
13. The Vow (2012)- Nicholas Sparks movie about a newlywed couple that has to find their spark again after the wife loses her memory in a car accident.
14. The Fault in our Stars (2014)- Two teens that find an amazing bond and connection through a cancer support group.
15. Music in Lyrics (2007)- A singer whose one-hit-wonder career is over, reconnects with his passion for music over songwriting with a new woman.
16. The Last Song (2010)- A Nicholas Sparks movie about a family reconnecting. It is a story of second chances and finding new love through music.
17. The Longest Ride (2015)- A Nicholas Sparks film about two star crossed lovers with different paths that happen to cross.
18. A Walk to Remember (2002)- Two teens are thrown together when Landon gets into trouble and has to do community service.
19. The Time Traveler’s Wife (2009)- Henry is a time travelers with a genetic mutation that causes him to live his life going back and forth between different time spans with no control. During one period of time he meets Claire and they desperately try to build a relationship.
20. The Best of Me (2014)- Two former high school sweethearts reconnect after many years later and reminisce about their pasts and their current lives.
21. The Princess Bride (1987)- An adventure about a beautiful princess and the hero who saves her from a villain.
22. The Lucky One (2012)- Marine travels to search for an a woman he doesn’t know, but her picture brought him good luck during the war.
23. Safe Haven (2013)- Nicholas Sparks movie about a young woman with a dark, mysterious past shows up in town and connects with a widower and his family.
24. While you we Sleeping (1995)- A Chicago transit token collector is mistaken for the fiancee of a coma patient.
25. The Choice (2016)- A Nicholas Sparks film about two neighbors who couldn’t be more wrong for each other, but find a connection.
26. The Proposal (2009)- High up editor convinces her assistant to get a fake a marriage with her because her work visa got revoked and she is fearful of being sent back to Canada.
27. Bridget Jones’ Diary (2001)- A young woman begins keeping a diary and trying to better herself while searching for love.
28. Bride Wars (2009)- Best friends get engaged at the same time and plan their weddings together, only for their weddings to fall on the same day at the same venue. Let the best bride win.
29. 13 Going on 30 (2004)- A young woman makes a wish on her 30th birthday and wakes up the next day not remembering anything past her 13th birthday.
30. Miss Congeniality (2001)- An FBI agent goes undercover at a Miss American beauty pageant to help prevent crimes from occurring and protect the women in the pageant.
31. How to Lose a guy in 10 Days (2003)- A man is bet that he can’t make a woman fall in love in 10 days and a woman is assigned to write an article about how to lose a guy in 10 days. They meet in a bar shortly after that. Find out who will win.
32. The Prince and Me (2004)- A young college student meets and falls for a man he has no idea is actually a prince just trying to have a normal life.
33. Princess Diaries (2001)- A young woman finds out her father’s side of the family has royal connections and that she is actually a princess. She begins her journey to learning how to become one.
34. 50 First Dates (2004)- A man is determined to make a woman fall for him but she has short term memory loss and forgets about him and her current life every morning.
35. 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)- A father forbade his youngest daughter from dating until her oldest sister, who has sworn off boys, starts dating. In order to get with Bianca, a potential boyfriend, persuades and bribes another guy to take her older sister out.
36. Life As We Know It (2010)- Two acquaintances are forced into parenthood quickly when their mutual friends pass away and they are left with their infant daughter to care for.
37. Bridesmaids (2011)- A competition between the maid of honor and bridesmaid to find out who is the bride’s best friend, may end up ruining the wedding.
38. What Happens in Vegas (2008)- Two strangers meet in Las Vegas and end up winning the jackpot together and get married, only to wake up the next day to realize their mistakes.
39. Just Go With It (2011)- A plastic surgeon convinces his assistant to pretend to be his ex-wife on a family trip to Hawaii with his kids and new, much younger, girlfriend in order to cover up a lie he told.
40. The Ugly Truth (2009)- A morning show producer, who is waiting for her mister right, is paired with another TV personality to expose the ugly truth about what bothers men and women in relationships.
41. Dirty Dancing (1987)- At summer camp vacation spent with her parents, a young teenage girl falls for her dance instructor.
42. Mean Girls (2004)- New girl at school hits it off with a popular high school clique, until she starts to fall for the wrong boy.
43. A Cinderella Story (2004)- Living under the thumb of her evil stepmom and stepsisters, Sam is finally able to sneak away and meet a great guy at a Halloween party that she met online.
44. Aquamarine (2006)- Two teenage girls find a mermaid has washed up in their swimming pool and they have to teach her about the meaning of love.
45. Sleepover (2004)- Four best friends attempt to gain popularity by participating in a scavenger hunt.
46. She’s The Man (2006)- When her twin brother decides to skip the first weeks of his new school, Viola pretends to be him to make it onto the boys only soccer team to prove to everyone that girls are just as good at sports.
47. Easy A (2010)- Good girl high school student starts making waves when rumors spread about her love life.
48. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2005)- Four best friends pass around a pair of jeans that each fit their bodies perfectly in order to stay connected in each others lives.
49. Sixteen Candles (1984)- A young girl is celebrating her 16th birthday, that ends up being an embarrassing day.
50. Raise Your Voice (2004)- A teenage girl is heart broken over the sudden death of her brother, but is given the opportunity of a lifetime to learn music at a performing fine arts academy over the summer.
Invite your girls, slip into your cutest PJ’s, and have a buttery bowl of popcorn ready to share! What is your go-to movie for girls night? Leave me a comment below!
Until next time.